Monday, March 12, 2012

Good morning.


It's morning, the birds are chirping and the coffee is hot (a pretty darn good way to start the day).  I am getting ready to head off to the studio!  It is spring break here and I am a teacher, so bet you can guess what that means...all day painting!  The above photo is a little peek at what is going on in there right now.

Not only am I happy because I will spend the rest of this day (or at least the better portion of it) painting, I am happy that spring has arrived (although it seems a bit early, which may or may not be entirely well and good, another matter all together).  

With everything coming into bloom, I have decided to take on a new venture: blogging.  Now, this is not the first time I have started down this road.  My former blog, "stack layer stitch" had potential (well, maybe), but a short little life because I didn't keep it up.  It mainly contained photographs from my travels in Italy.  Once I returned stateside, you guessed it, no more blogging.

So here we go, take two.  Spring is all about starting, again.


This watercolor (above) of an old, modest-scaled, lovely, pale yellow Italian building, with a garland of wisteria welcoming you to the entrance, is where I was this time last year.  On a teaching assignment in Cortona, Italy I watched spring come into bloom within the Etruscan walls of this quiet Italian town upon a mountain top. This is the studio art building located on The University of Georgia's campus, abroad.  The watercolor is in my sketchbook (hence the seam down the middle).

This is that entrance I was telling you about.  Simply lovely.  Ah...memories.

Any favorite things about spring you'd like to share?  Please do, I'd love to hear!


2 comments:

  1. Loving the bright & happy palette of your latest creations! Have a happy painting day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Had so much fun painting today!

    ReplyDelete