Monday, February 25, 2013

Gary Graham Fashion Designer

Gary Graham Fall/Winter Collection 2011

After an evening swooning over red carpet gowns, I felt inclined to share some looks of a fashion designer I've been eyeing recently.  As I am slowly learning about who's who in the fashion design world, few have caught my attention the way Gary Graham has.  I've not been all that into very fancy dresses, but, if I were to have an occasion to get really dressed up, I think I'd be looking for something like this one pictured above.  The one below, while not as elegant, is really more my style.


Gary Graham Fall/Winter Holiday Collection 2011

Normally I would spend my time researching painting online, but lately, I've been shifting to looking at fashion, interior design, and architecture.  When I was in graduate school, one of my painting professors gave the advice of looking to other media for influence.  Look at sculpture rather than painting, for instance.  Over the years, I have really begun to internalize this advice and feel it time to put it more into practice.  While there is really nothing I would rather look at than a good painting or drawing, I think there comes a time where it is necessary to look beyond to what is so close to home, to pull inspiration from other creative forms. 


Gary Graham Spring 2012 Collection

With recently taking up sewing, naturally, my eyes and head go to fashion.  But, this is also circling back to one of my early loves as a young child.  Growing up, I was drawing constantly.  What did I draw?  People and the things people wear.  I loved making paper dolls and dressing them up with not only everyday dressings but also costumes.  Very involved in dance (ballet mostly) and performing growing up, costumes were frequently on my younger mind.  


Gary Graham Spring Collection 2013


I am drooling over some of these looks.  I could easily imagine wearing this dress above or more casual skirt outfit below.



Gary Graham Anagram Spring Collection 2013

This jacket is really simple, elegant, and sharp looking....


Gary Graham Anagram Spring Collection 2013

And if I were going on a vacation somewhere, Venice ( I wish), maybe this....


Gary Graham Anagram Spring Collection 2013
...and this to me is just too quirky and cool.  I love the overall shape, the jacket especially.


Gary Graham Spring 2013 Collection

Which designers you love?

*please note that the links below each picture do not go directly to the page, please look for the collection name on the website and click accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment