Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring, Walk, and Cut Paper



So glad that spring is officially here!  To celebrate, I'm going to first share with you some of my favorite spring instagram photos...
















And, while we are thinking about spring, I wanted to share a painting that celebrates walking outside, enjoying your neighborhood.  Below is a painting by Jennifer Hartley that I just adore - couldn't you imagine jumping into this painting?  This is one of her new paintings from a show,  recently on view at our local film house - Cine.  By the way, Cine is a fantastic place to catch a flick, enjoy a drink with friends, and see art.  I feel so lucky that I can travel there by foot!

Painting by Jennifer Hartley.  Show was on view during Feb-March, 2013 at Cine in Athens, GA

Lastly, since we have been patiently waiting out the cold for spring to finally arrive, I will share with you a physical manifestation of patience - a hand-cut paper piece made by one of my students, just finished this week.  It always makes me so happy to see students really challenge themselves and go above and beyond.  This particular student had two visions for the project, and rather than deciding between the two, he decided to execute both!  This was the second version of the project (his first was stellar too, you can see this one below).  Jesus is in my 2D design class.


student work - Jesus Fonseca, University of North Georgia
hand cut paper, from "Interior/Exterior Self Portrait" project, version 2

student work - Jesus Fonseca, University of North Georgia
hand cut paper, from "Interior/Exterior Self Portrait" project, version 1

Happy first day of spring, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment